Well he picked out the right milk! 🙂 I hope the refrigerator was not closed all the way or something? But I did watch him open it…. I thought he wouldn’t be able to. 🙂
Trent is 6 months old today!!! Here is a list of some of his milestones and other things about him:
– He is a super smile baby and loves to laugh
– he can easily grasp objects and pass objects from one hand to the other. He loves to put toys in his mouth.
– He does not have a favorite toy, but he loves to hang out in his exersaucer
– He can roll over both ways, but can be lazy about goign from back to tummy
– He is working on sitting. He can sit by himself for a few seconds, but rarely longer than that
– He is easily distracted, especially by his big sister
– He has started to babble a bit. His first word was “da”
– He seems to have my hair, which gets oily after only a day. And it looks like he is goign to have blue eyes like his daddy!
– He is very sweet and loves attention. No stranger anxiety yet
– He is still using his pumpkin seat, but he is so huge that he barely fits in it anymore!
– Just like his sister, he does not like paci’s and he rarely sucks his thumb. Not sure how we got so lucky on that twice!
– He is a drooler and lives in a bib
– He is now sleeping about 12-13 hours a night just like his sister did at this age! He usually goes to bed around 8:00 pm and gets up at about 9:00 am or later on the weekeneds. But, since Paige is in school, he has to get up at 8:00 on school days. He also usually takes a short nap at my parents house and 2-3 hour nap late afternoon. Unfortunatley, this means that I only get to see him about 2 hours a day during the work week 🙁
– He still likes to sleep on his back, but he will often roll himself over in the morning or rotate himself all around the crib before we get him up
– He still does not have any teeth. Paige had 2 by this age!
– He is a eater!!! He has about 4-5 8 ounce bottles of breast milk per day and just started eating solids. He is not a fan of straight baby food, so we mix it with rice. He tried apples first and was not a fan!
– He weighs 21 pounds 3 ounces (97th percentile) and is 28.2 inches (97th percentile).
– He is wearing size 3 diapers and we deal with blowouts on a near daily basis. He is one messy boy!
– He has been wearing size 6-9 or 6-12 month clothes. In fact, the 9 month clothes are starting to get pretty snug! It’s sad how many outfits I have bought him that he will never get to wear!
– She is still super cute 🙂
Trent is 3 months old today!!! Here is a list of some of his milestones and other things about him:
-He is really good natured and loves to smile, coo, and laugh…especially when you stick your tongue out at him. He will even imitate you and stick his tongue out. When he smiles, he smiles with his whole face, especially his eyes J
– He rarely cries unless he is hungry or super tired, but when he does, he is super loud and demanding.
– He does not like paci’s. His sister did not either.
– He had a spit up problem early on, but that has improved a good bit over the past month.
-He has discovered his hands and will suck on them if we are not fast enough to the bottle. He has also grasped toys.
– He can roll over from belly to back
-It’s still hard to tell what color his eyes will be. If I remember right, it was clear that Paige’s would be brown by this age because they were so dark, but his do still have some blue to them.
– He is STRONG! He can stand on his own (with support of course) and has been able to do that since about a month old. He also has a super solid kick. He can hold himself up to 90 degrees during tummy time and can kind of do a mini-pushup. He can hold his head up really well, but his motions are still not terribly fluid.
– He can keep his head level with his body when he is pulled into a sitting position
– He has been able to track objects 180 degrees for quite a while now, but his movements are still jerky.
– He is starting to drool like his big sister did, but not nearly as bad as her J
– He enjoys bath time, especially when I spray him. He will open his mouth to try and get water in his mouth.
– He has had very bizarre hair growth. He has the normal balding patch on the back of the head, but he lost pretty much all this hair on the top and sides at about 2 months. But, now that hair has grown back. This may be a bad sign for male pattern baldness in the future J
– He is a super sleeper just like his sister, but still not huge stretches at night. He will take a couple 4+ hour naps and then about 9 hours at night. He usually naps about 3 times per day.
– He is a big eater….about 5 7 ounce bottles per day of breast milk. He often needs another 2-3 ounces to get full and sometimes has a whole extra bottle a day.
– He weighs about 17 pounds, according to our bathroom scale.
– He is currently wearing size 2 diapers, but could (and probably should) wear a 3 now. He will be in 3’s when we finish the box of 2’s that we have for him. Diaper changing a boy has been an experience so far…..
– He is wearing 3-6 month clothes and has been for about a month. In fact, even the 6 month onesies are starting to get too tight. He sleeps in a swaddle blanket, but we had to buy a size Large for him to fit! Paige wore the S/M size until at least 6 months old!
– He has huge feet! He has outgrown 6 month socks and 12 month socks are a little small! I haven’t really tired his shoes on yet to see what size he will wear, but I’m sure I bought him tons of shoes that he won’t even be able to wear!
– He really loves his sister, and she loves him. He will smile and coo at her when she comes over to give him a hug or kiss.
– He is super cute
Trent rolled over for the first time. He looked like a professional.
Paige went potty at school today! Her first time to go somewhere with strangers. But she also went potty in my carseat on the way home.
Paige is 3 years old today! Here are some of the things she can do and some of the things about her:
– She can hop, stand on one foot, go up and down stairs without help (although she usually wants a hand or the rail), kick a ball, throw a ball, loves to gallop, and can walk backward. She can also walk on her tiptoes.
– She loves to color and will work on making shapes and letters. She also loves play dough.
– She has a huge vocabulary. Sometimes we wonder where she learned some of the words she says. She also seems to understand and use the basic rules of grammar and can speak in quite long sentences (often 8+ words long). She does still stutter some, but I think most people can understand her when she talks.
– She loves to match things….match colors of different items….match pictures…anything
– She can follow simple instructions and understands “now” or “later”
– She can say her whole name (and her brothers whole name). She also knows our first names.
– She is still quite shy and is an observer of life (just like her mommy). She takes a while to warm up to new places , people, and activities and prefers to sit back and watch for awhile before engaging.
– She understands time pretty well (morning, bed time, nap time, etc)
– She loves stories. Instead of reading a book at night, she now wants us to tell her a story about her day. Then, she will want to tell us a story about her day.
– She knows every color and ever animal you can think of. She knows most of her numbers up to 14, but she always skips 13. She can also count objects pretty well up to about 10. She also can tell you the ABC’s about 90% accurately (at least sing the song). She can identify a few letters consistently including P and A.
– She has an amazing memory. She can see or hear something and days later recall it perfectly.
– She loves to play with her babies and you will occasionally catch her pretend playing with them. She also loves to play doctor.
– She can undress herself pretty well, but still has a hard time dressing herself. Depending on the shoes, she can put on and take off her own shoes.
– She can brush her own teeth and can wash her own hands.
– She is a picky eater. She really loves sweets, but also likes bread products, cheese, and chicken.
– She is not yet potty trained, but she is working hard on it
– She sleeps from about 8 or 9 pm until about 9:00 am most days. However, on school days she has to get up by 8:00. She also still naps most days from about 3-6. She just started sleeping in her toddler bed.
– She finished 2K where she went to school 2 days per week and this fall will start 3K 3 days a week.
– She is still very good natured (although shy) and rarely has temper tantrums.
– She has adjusted very well to having a little brother. She loves to “pet” him, hold his hand, and gives him kisses. She does say that he is loud sometimes J But, she is also a big helper with him. She does not seem to be jealous of him at all and is very understanding when we can’t do something for her right when she asks for it. She has gotten very used to hearing “just a minute”.
– She is wearing 3T clothes and size 7 and some size 8 shoes.
– She has yet to have a haircut and her hair is getting super long.
– She loves animals, especially dogs.
– She doesn’t really have a favorite toy, but she loves little things (ex. Little blocks, little dolls, etc…anything that she can pile up in a bucket) and she loves stuffed animals. She still sleeps with “pink baby and green baby”, which are defiantly still her favorite night time toys.
Paige used her potty all by herself today when no one was watching her! 🙂 (Does that sound bad?)